This article contains about 121 Quotes by Billy Graham, late global Evangelist who contributed mightily to the body of Christ and the advancement of His kingdom.
Are you searching for a way to be to blessed and edified through Evangelist Billy Graham’s resource? Then these inspirational Sayings of Billy graham on Salvation, Hope, Prayer, Wisdom, About Life… Will do a great job.
We took our time to gather these quotes and sayings from his different materials like books, Sermons, tapes, and others which really worth it. The purpose? It is of course to bring again an unusual anointing in a refreshed and renewed form to bless you and others around you.
We hope this cause a remarkable experience in your life and those that you share it with. Remain blessed as you read and meditate…
121 Billy Graham Quotes On Hope, Death, Love, Salvation, About Life, Prayer & Wisdom
1. The will of God will never take where the Grace of God cannot sustain you.
2. God has given us two hands; one to receive and one to give.
3. God never takes something from you without replacing it with something better.
4. We have great technology to save time, but we have less time than ever.
5. You don’t have to first straighten out your life to find Jesus. You do that after you’ve come to Christ.
6. The greatest love story in the world has only 25 words: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
7. One great thing about the conscience is this: even if you don’t believe what I am saying, you believe what I am saying.
8. The secret strength of a nation is found in the faith that abides in the hearts and homes.
9. If God doesn’t punish America, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.
10. We can’t live our lives in fear and dread of what’s going on and what’s going to happen.
11. My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.
12. I’ve read the last page of the Bible. It’s all going to turn out all right.
13. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
14. Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
15. When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when one’s character is lost, all is lost.
16. Christians should never fail to sense the operation of angelic glory. It forever eclipses the world of demonic powers, as the sun does a candle’s light.
17. Only those who want everything done for them are bored.
18. A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
19. The framers of our Constitution meant we were to have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.
20. Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.
21. Fear is a real thief in our lives.
22. Fear causes one to stop and to do nothing, it’s the master of spirit. The enemy uses it to keep us from fulfilling our destiny.
23. Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience, and being persistent.
24. Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God.
25. You’re born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there’s a loophole.
26. The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go in prayers with tears in my eyes and say, ‘O God, forgive me, or ‘Help me.
27. Only the supernatural love of God through changed lives can solve the problems that we face in our world.
28. The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.
29. There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. What is wrong comes when riches possess men.
30. God proved His love on the cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I LOVE YOU’.
31. Tell me what you think about money, and I will tell you what you think about God.
32. Pleasure depends on circumstances, but Christian Joy is completely independent of health, money, and surroundings.
33. There are things which money cannot buy; which no music can claim; which no personal influence can assure; and which no eloquence can command.
34. Part of our problem with debt is that we have confused needs with wants. Yesterday’s luxuries are today’s necessities.
35. There are only two ways to be rich: have a lot or want very little. The latter way is easier for most.
36. It is impossible to understand the Bible, Christian living, of the structure of the Church without understanding something of the person and the work of the Holy Spirit.
37. The real and permanent High is not drugs but the Holy Spirit. He will give you a high even in your low moment.
38. My hope doesn’t rest in the affair of the world. It rests in Christ who is coming again.
39. The Holy Spirit does not only convicts but hives new life.
40. Being born again means to be born from above.
41. Without God, you are dead in sin and trespasses.
42. We say to you children; ‘Acts like grown-ups’. But Jesus said to the grown-ups; ‘Acts like children’.
43. I have never known anyone to accept Christ’s redemption and regret it later.
44. God has promised to supply all of our needs, but He’s never promised to supply all of our greed.
45. Man has two great spiritual needs. One is for forgiveness. The other is for goodness.
46. Give me five minutes with a person’s checkbook, and I will tell you where their heart is.
47. Salvation is an Act of God, Initiated by God, wrought by God, and sustained by God.
48. If ever there was an hour that God’s people need to be different and separated from the world, it is now.
49. No matter how foreboding the future is, the Christians know the end of the story —and it is glorious! Don’t lose heart. The best is yet to be.
50. Heaven is full of answers to prayers for which no one ever bordered to ask.
51. Don’t waste your life, and don’t be satisfied with anything less than God’s plan.
52. When a sincerely searches for God with all his heart, God will reveal Himself in some ways.
53. The world is not our home. Our citizenship is in heaven.
54. Often, when things are in the darkest, God makes Himself known.
55. Because the truth is unpopular does not mean it should not be proclaimed.
56. What kept Christ on that cross was love not nails.
57. The moment we take our last breath on earth, we take our first breath in Heaven.
58. It Is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to Judge, My job to love.
59. Wherever the word of God is hidden or ignored, there will be certain destruction.
60. Never forget that God isn’t bound by time the way we are. We see only the present moment, God sees everything. We only the part of what He is doing. He sees it all!
61. God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don’t let the newspaper headline frighten you. God is still sovereign; He is still on the throne.
62. Sin is the second most powerful force in the universe, for it sent Jesus to the cross. Only one force is greater — the love of God.
63. This should be the motto of every follower of Christ; No matter how dark and hopeless a situation might seem, never stop praying!
64. The Bible is not an option, it is a necessity. You cannot grow spiritually without it.
65. I am not going to heaven because I have preached to great crowds or read the Bible many times. I am going to heaven just like the thief who said in that last moment; ‘Lord, remember me.
66. Homes and marriages are the foundation of our society. It must be protected.
67. Even when life may be difficult, we should thank God for all He does for us which we do not deserve.
68. Salvation is free, but discipleship costs everything we have.
69. God doesn’t comfort us to make us comfortable. He comforts us to make us comforters.
70. Nothing can bring a real sense of security into a home except true love.
71. Disappointment and failures are not signs that God has forsaken you or stopped loving you.
72. Prayer must not be merely an act. But an attitude of life.
73. Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will only change my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.
74. Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ and seek to follow Him every day.
75. Don’t be swayed by the false value of this world. But put Christ and His first in everything you do.
76. Children will learn far more by watching than by listening.
77. Earth’s trouble fades in the light of Heaven’s hope.
78. Knowing we will be with Christ forever outweighs our burdens today. Keep your eyes on eternity!
79. When we come to the end of our lives, we come to the beginning of God.
80. True love is an act of the will; a conscious decision to do what is best for another person instead of ourselves.
81. The weakest Christian is as safe as the strongest Christian if they are both in the boat of salvation.
82. every day is a gift from God. No matter how old we are.
83. From one end of the Bible to the other, God assures us that He will never go back on His promises.
84. The greatest legacy one can pass unto one’s children is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather, a legacy of Character and Faith.
85. We should say nothing that we would not wish to say in His presence. We should do nothing we would not do in His presence.
86. Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil – it has no point.
87. We should ask ourselves three questions before we speak: Is it true? Is it kind? Does it glorify Christ?
88. We hurt people by being too busy. Too busy to notice their needs. Too busy to drop that note of comfort or encouragement or assurance of love. Too busy to listen when someone needs to talk. Too busy to care.
89. Be sure that your motive in praying is to glorify God.
90. Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but the fruit is grown in the valleys.
91. Prayer is the rope that pulls God and man together. But, it doesn’t pull God down to us: It pulls us up to Him.
92. Our days are numbered. One of the primary goals in our lives should be to prepare for our last day. The legacy we leave is not just in our possessions but in the quality of our lives.
93. The greatest waste in all of our earth, which cannot be recycled or reclaimed, is our waste of the time that God has given us each day.
94. The Bible is to your soul what bread is to your body. You need it daily. One good meal does not suffice for a lifetime.
95. Suffering is part of the human condition, and it comes to us all. The key is how we react to it, either turning away from God in anger and bitterness or growing closer to Him in trust and confidence.
96. If you are ignorant of God’s Word, you will always be ignorant of God’s will.
97. Someday your life will be over, no matter how much attention you give to your health. Will you look back with regret, because you nourished your body but starved your soul?
98. The way we live often speaks far louder than our words.
99. We can change the course of events if we go to our knees in believing prayer.
100. Don’t let failure or disappointment cut you off from God or make you think that the future is hopeless. When God closes one door, He often opens another door – if we seek it.
101. If your faith isn’t rooted in the Bible, it will wither as a plant pulled out of the soil.
102. No matter who you are or what your life has been like so far, the rest of your life’s journey can be different. With God’s help, you can begin again.
103. Learn to commit every situation to God, and trust Him for the outcome. God’s love for you never changes, no matter what problems you face or how unsettled life becomes.
104. Even if we may not always understand why God allows certain things to happen to us, we can know He is able to bring good out of evil, and triumph out of suffering.
105. Becoming a Christian is the work of a moment; being a Christian is the work of a lifetime.
106. Tears shed for self are tears of weakness. But tears shed for others are signs of Strength.
107. ‘God is Love’ means He tries consistently to block your route to destruction.
108. Ask God to help you see the world the way He sees it!
109. Prayer is more than a wish; It is a voice of faith directed to God.
110. Life is just a schoolroom with a glorious opportunity to prepare us for eternity.
111. Don’t let circumstances distress you. Rather look for the will of God for your life to be revealed in and through those circumstances.
112. God comes to us every day in the form of Bibles that we do not read, in the Form Churches that we do not attend, and in the form of human needs that we pass by.
113. You will never understand who you are until you understand who God is.
114. The wonderful news is that our God is a God of mercy and He responds to repentance.
115. A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed valuable assets in our society.
116. Be attractive and winsome. But do not compromise your convictions for the sake of popularity.
117. The message I preached has not changed. Circumstances have changed. Problems have changed. But deep inside, man has not changed. And the gospel has not changed.
118. Anxiety and fear are like baby tigers. The more you feed them, the stronger they grow.
119. The destiny of your own soul is in your hand by the choice you make.
120. Our society strives to avoid the possibility of offending anyone, except God.
121. Don’t live in constant fear of the future. Put your life and future in Christ’s hands.
122. Death is not the end of life. It is only a gateway into eternity.
Billy Graham Books
Here are a few of the life-changing books by Evangelist Billy Graham:
- Just As I Am – Billy Graham
- Peace With God – Billy Graham
- Nearing Home: Life, Faith, Finishing Well – Billy Graham